COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
From time to time we may need to obtain personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of the Site to you. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
In the course of using the Site we may collect personal information from you including your name, email address, phone number, address and other information that we request. We may also collect details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries. Furthermore, any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or in-store or indirectly through the use of our website or in-store or online presence through our representatives or otherwise; and information you provide to us through our customer surveys, or that is publicly available, may be collected.
WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY SA PANTRY
SA Pantry collects personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of the Site to you (Website Services). Those purposes include:
- To provide you with a username and password for the Site;
- To assist in providing services you request from the Site;
- To allow you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available to SA Pantry customers from time to time;
- To take actions required to keep your information secure;
- To enhance your overall experience on the Site or at SA Pantry;
- To show you advertising and information that we believe would be relevant to you and your interests;
- To undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis);
- To provide further information to you about other SA Pantry products, services, specials or promotions which we consider may be of interest to you; and
- Such other purposes we make known to you at the time of collection.
Where possible, SA Pantry will collect your personal information directly from you.
DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you with the Website Services, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, examples of organisations we may need to disclose your information to include the following:
A SA Pantry entity and its staff;
A person outside of SA Pantry who is contracted to us (or a SA Pantry Co-operative) to provide a particular service on our behalf; and
To third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
COOKIES AND TRACKING
By using the Site you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the Site.
We use various app, web and / or email analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect information through the Site (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the Site). Emails we send to you may also include a code that measures or determines what you do when you receive it and whether you respond. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools is anonymous and is not personal to you. Further information about Google Analytics and the way in which it collects and uses data can be found at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
CONTACTING YOU BY PHONE, TEXT OR EMAIL
You agree that we, or any of the parties to whom we may need to disclose your personal information, may contact you by phone, email or text message (if you provide us with a mobile phone number). You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from SA Pantry at any time as follows:
- By opting out of receiving all SA Pantry promotional communications via email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within an email you receive from SA Pantry.
- To opt-out of receiving text messages from us, either reply ‘STOP’ to a text or update your account preference details.
If you unsubscribe, we may not be able to provide you with all or some of the Website Services.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed. To the maximum extent permitted by law, SA Pantry will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at South African Pantry Limited, 20 Main Road South, Coastlands Shopping Centre Main Rd, Paraparaumu, Kapiti Coast.
Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. To access, correct or update information we hold about you, please contact our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.
Last updated 21 April 2020